Who are Waste Generators?
Any businesses or activities that produce or have hazardous waste as a by-product are waste generators. Hazardous waste has the potential to adversely affect public health and the environment.
There are 77 types of scheduled wastes listed under First Schedule of Environmental Quality (Scheduled Wastes) Regulations 2005 and the management of wastes shall be in accordance with the provisions of the above Regulations.
See the list of scheduled wastes here.
Malaysia’s Department of Environment (DOE) mandates all waste generators to be responsible for storing, treating and recovering scheduled wastes in a proper manner. These wastes can be contracted to Scheduled Waste experts who are licensed by DOE.
Can waste disposal be done in-house?
A license from DOE is required for on-site storage facility and recovery treatment, otherwise it is prohibited that the waste disposal be done in-house at Waste Generator’s premises.
So if you or your company are Waste Generators, how do you choose a suitable and proper Waste Collector Contractor?
- Identify your wastes to dispose and look for your waste codes here.
- Then contact your preferred Waste Collector Contractor and inquire about their plant capacity (how much they can take in per month) for your type of wastes.
- Also check that the contractor is licensed by DOE and adheres strictly to the Jadual Pematuhan.
- Request for a quotation with your existing inventory quantity to get a rough estimate.
- Lastly, inquire about the contractor’s concepts or practice when disposing waste. You have to make sure that the wastes are disposed of or recycled properly according to DOE’s standards.
Pentas Flora aims to be the Preferred Solution Provider for Scheduled Wastes while ensuring sustainability of our ecosystem.
When it comes to scheduled wastes, you need a company that you can trust. Pentas Flora is one of the recovery facilities companies that takes care of all your scheduled waste management requirements.
We provide a range of tailored services to customers all around Malaysia, handling small quantities of everyday scheduled wastes to large quantities of wastes. Above all, our team of specialists ensures that your scheduled waste is always handled in a compliant and environmentally sound way.
Pentas Flora is a listed Waste Collector Contractor with the DOE, refer here.
Fill up our contact form or call our sales representative today!
What are the things which are expected to be done as a Waste Generator before starting your first collection?
You will first need to apply as a Waste Generator with DOE. We have broken down the process into 4 simple steps here, however our sales representatives will guide you through the entire process.
Upon completion of the 4 steps above, Pentas Flora will assist to follow up with the application with DOE. A typical application would take about 2-3 weeks to complete and approved. As soon as the application is approved, waste collection with Pentas Flora may commence!
Do you know?
Under EQA, 1974 : Section 34B: Prohibition against placing, deposit, etc. of scheduled wastes.
- Any person who contravenes this section shall be guilty of an offence and shall be liable to imprisonment for a period not exceeding 5 years AND a fine not exceeding RM500,000.00
Under EQA, 1974 : Section 41: Penalty for offences not otherwise provided for.
- Shall be liable to a fine not exceeding RM10,000.00 OR imprisonment not exceeding 2 years OR to both